Pages

Quick-Cook Kohlrabi ♥

Quick-Cook Kohlrabi
Fresh kohlrabi grated and cooked quickly atop the stove. Low carb and Weight Watchers friendly.

~recipe & photo updated 2010~
~more recently updated recipes~

2007 Original: Have I mentioned that I love the Benriner, the Japanese mandoline that slices vegetables so beautifully? Sorry, of course I have. Once. Twice. Thrice.

But each time, I'm struck by how 'basic' and yet 'entirely new' it is to slice a vegetable small-small-small, then cook it in a small bit of butter, seasoned with little more than salt and pepper and tonight, a few shreds of Parmesan.

I have always liked kohlrabi, especially raw kohrabi. The small ones can be sliced and eaten an apple. But this kohlrabi side dish is something entirely different. Fresh and airy. Earthy and deep. Delicious.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment