Pages

Finn Crisp with Laughing Cow & Radishes ♥

Today's recipe: A quick snack or light lunch. Low carb. Weight Watchers one point.

A one-point lunch, a quick snackI may love to cook but I also love little-assembly-required quick lunches and snacks. They're not recipes, per se, more concepts. But I'm picky. Fast. Cheap. Quick. Easy. No dishes. Crunch. Fresh. Transportable. (And I think other readers must be hungry for such snacks and quick lunches too, as often as you check out my idea for a Satisfying Lunch in One Point.)

Enter my latest obsession that combines two products that have been right there under my radar fuh-EVAH. I just love these little sandwich snacks! They're crispy and creamy and crunchy all at the same time.



Finn Crisp Unlike most crackers, the ingredient list for Finn Crisp is short, just whole grain rye flour, water, yeast, salt and caraway. Wow! Whole grain and high fiber! No fat, no cholesterol, low sodium, with a little protein, too. Finn Crisp are easy to find in North America, I think, but prices vary widely. At the regular grocery store, they're expensive. At a place like World Market, they're only $1.79 for a 7 ounce box, very affordable!

Trivia: When I lived in Finland, my favorite breakfast was a Finn Crisp with a thin slice of a buttery cheese like Fontina, topped with marmalade. Yum.



Laughing Cow For years, I've avoided the little wedges of "processed cheese". They look like Velveeta! But if I'd just checked the label: again, a short list of ingredients and nothing that looks scary. At All. And if I'd only listened to everyone raving about them. (Thank you, Roni's Weigh)! I heard you!!)






FINN CRISP with LAUGHING COW & RADISHES

Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Time to table: 5 minutes
Serves 1

3 Finn Crisp crackers
1 wedge Laughing Cow Light
Radishes, sliced








PRINT JUST A RECIPE! Now you can print a recipe without wasting ink and paper on the header and sidebar. Here's how.

NEVER MISS A RECIPE! For 'home delivery' of new recipes from A Veggie Venture, sign up here. Once you do, new recipes will be delivered, automatically, straight to your e-mail In Box.




Looking for healthy ways to cook vegetables? A Veggie Venture is home to hundreds of quick, easy and healthful vegetable recipes and the famous Alphabet of Vegetables. Healthy eaters will love the low carb recipes and the Weight Watchers recipes.
© Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment