Pages

Crustless Quiche with Roasted Peppers ♥

Crustless Quiche with Roasted Peppers
Today's vegetarian quiche recipe: A crustless quiche, makes up in minutes. It has a "secret" ingredient, whipped cottage cheese which adds body and protein. Low carb. Moist and cheesy but Weight Watchers? Just 3 points!

My best Christmas present to myself? Food magazine subscriptions, three to be exact, re-subscriptions in fact. Bon Appetit. Cook's Illustrated. But the surprise favorite is Vegetarian Times, which I subscribed to many years ago when I wasn't eating meat (Note to Vegetarians).

But back then, Vegetarian Times was a little dusty and hippy-dippy for my taste. My memory is that the recipes required too-regular trips to a low-turnover natural food store; were too laden with fat and especially cheese; and just didn't appeal to my just-emerging affinity to fresh, seasonal food.

In 2012? Without question, I love Vegetarian Times. Love it. Real food. Easy ingredients. Nutrition info, people! Mostly main dishes, just a few sweets. Lots of vegetables. Lots of tips. Each issue shows a shortlist of staff favorites, that's where I start and that's where I found today's quiche recipe. (And for anyone who might wonder, this is NOT paid advertising. It's just me, sharing a happy discovery.)

Is anyone else a former (or future?!!) Vegetarian Times subscriber? What's your take on the magazine? What's your favorite magazine for everyday healthy meatless-meal inspiration?
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment