Pages

Creamy Cucumber-Tomato Salsa ♥ Recipe

Today's quick and easy cucumber and tomato “salsa”: It’s a quick mix of cucumber and tomato plus a little radish for bite and crunch. Serve it as a healthy dip or on the side. Weight Watchers Friendly, WW 0 or 1 PointsPlus. Low Cal. Low Carb. Gluten Free. Vegetarian.

"Out the ying-yang.” That’s what I’m thinkin’ about the garden’s dutiful presentation of a basketful of cucumbers one morning after the next now that the temperatures here in eastern Missouri have climbed into the more-seasonal if less-welcome 90s. I’m ruthless about rejects: if there’s even a hint of bruising or biting from creatures-of-the-night, bam, into the compost box those babies go. (And have I told you about the cucumber-loving woodchuck? Okay, encourage me and I will. Tee hee ...) But even the perfect ones stack up, so many we can barely give them away. Some times I fear that if I see even one more cucumber, I might just start wishing away the summer.

Instead, I peel and chop and voila, the cucumbers have been redeemed and I’m happy cucumber lover again. This cucumber-tomato salsa works with both hothouse English cucumbers (those are the long thin ones from the grocery store readily available year-round) and garden cucumbers (these are often fat and tougher-skinned). Both yield a wet, crisp salsa that’s good as a dip and/or appetizer or a salad on the side.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment