Pages

Roasted Garlic Soup ♥

Roasted Garlic Soup
Today's soup recipe: A garlic soup, deepened with roasted garlic and made creamy with potato plus a splash of cream. Low carb and for Weight Watchers, 2 or 3 points. Plus, my annual reminder that we plant garlic in the fall some time in the middle of October.

Did my home-ec teacher mother even know about garlic? Surely, she must have. But if she did, garlic awareness didn't translate into garlic cooking, perhaps, I suspect in her defense, because fresh garlic wasn't available in our small-town grocery?

So I was 13 or 14 when garlic entered my life, not with a bang but a full-nasal blast. My Auntie Karen's house reeked of garlic when she made Chicken Cacciatore for my annual birthday supper. What WAS that smell? She laughed and held out a head of garlic for inspection. How could something so small pack such a punch?

How far our food world has come! Few kitchens are now without garlic, it's a staple. And for awhile now, in my kitchen, not only is garlic a staple, so is roasted garlic. It's the basis for this creamy soup, which also packs a punch and to my taste, anyway, is best enjoyed in a small serving.

REMINDER: If you live in the northern hemisphere, it's time to plant garlic! Find out all the details in a 2007 post, How (and Why) to Grow Garlic at Home.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment