Pages

Kale Salad To-Go with Avocado & Apple ♥

Kale Salad To-Go with Avocado & Apple
Today's kale salad recipe: A salad that's perfect for an on-the-go healthy lifestyle. Make it ahead of time, then carry it along to work or outdoor activities. Low carb. Weight Watchers 1 or 2 point. Not just vegan, "Vegan Done Real".

My name is Alanna "Procrastinator" Kellogg. At least it should be. Last year, a reader (hi, Kathleen Houlihan!) forwarded a favorite recipe for a raw kale salad, one she knew I'd like. But even though the recipe did appeal, muchly! it took me a year, to the day, to make her salad. (Why? No good reason, did I mention that my name is Alanna "Procrastinator" Kellogg?) Back to the salad.

When Kathleen googled recipes for massaged kale salads, she wrote, all seemed to use a separate dressing. In this one, she explained, "You squeeze lemon juice on the kale and then massage in avocado, that makes the dressing. Then you can add apple, nuts, etc. and let it all sit overnight to soften. Keeps a couple more days."

I really liked this kale, especially since it was as good to go on Day Two and Day Three as Day One. I have the idea that it might become a go-to "real food" Medifast small meal once I move into maintenance. (Getting close, down 27 yesterday! See Why I Switched from Weight Watchers to Medifast.)
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment