Pages

Succotash Salad Recipe ♥ with Green Beans, Lima Beans, Corn & Tomatoes

Succotash Salad Recipe with Green Beans, Lima Beans, Corn & Tomatoes
Today's summer salad recipe: A salad version of the American South's succotash, here with the traditional lima beans (just a few, they're precious) and corn, but with green beans added for bulk, celery for crunch, tomatoes for a little sweetness, all married together with a lime vinaigrette spiked with hot sauce. Low carb. Gluten-free. Paleo. Weight Watchers 2 PointsPlus. Not just vegan, "Vegan Done Real".

So here's the thing about lima beans. It takes a whole pile of lima beans still in their pods from the garden to yield a measly half cup of edible lima beans. By my reckoning, it takes nearly 3 pounds of unshelled lima beans to yield a pound of lima beans. No wonder, til now, the only lima beans I've cooked for A Veggie Venture came straight from the freezer section, cheap and convenient.

But when a few lima beans showed up in my CSA box, I knew exactly what I wanted to make, succotash. I once made a warm succotash, a Thanksgiving Succotash, but for summer, I wanted something fresh and lively to really show off the creaminess of the lima beans.

So if you find yourself wondering what to do with just a few lima beans, fresh ones straight from the garden, here's a winner.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment