Pages

Chocolate Cola Cake

This recipe includes two of my favorite things...pop and chocolate, so how could I go wrong?   It was moist, delicious and was still great the next day when the missionaries came over and finished it!! I am glad they liked it!!(and it was less I ate!)  The whole family LOVED it!  You cannot even tell that it has the pop in it.  Next time I am going to try Cherry Coke Zero in it! YUM!!
Chocolate Cola Cake
1 package white cake mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
2 eggs
1 cup cola ( I used Coke Zero)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  You also want your cola to be a room temperature not cold!!
Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa, eggs, cola, milk and oil.  Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Fold in the marshmallows. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.  Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. 
 Cool for 1 hour before frosting.
Chocolate Cola Frosting
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1/3 cup cola
3-3 1/4 cup powered sugar
In a medium saucepan, melt butter.  Add cocoa and cola, stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and gradually add enough powdered sugar to make a smooth spreading consistency.  Spread evenly over cake.  Cook completely before cutting.
*If you would like add 3/4 cup nuts to the frosting.
I am not a huge cake eater, but I really liked this one!!
Linked to:



No comments:

Post a Comment