Pages

Quick Bite: Mann's Sugar Snap Peas

A quick snack to keep within easy reach
Happy New Year to All!
No recipe today, just a quick story and a product tip for ready-to-eat sugar snap peas.

My grandmother stood only 4'11" tall. Her body was small but came with a full-size sweet tooth so weight management was always a problem. As a child, I loved to sneak into her kitchen while the grown-ups visited in the living room. Right at the front of the top drawer next to the fridge, I knew, would be a bag of chips, usually chocolate but sometimes butterscotch, the bag torn open at the corner just enough to fit a couple of fingers.

Me, I keep bags of chips safely out of the way in sealed bags inside tins stored at the back of the pantry.

But this week, there in the door of my frig (fridge? keep reading) is a bag of sugar snap peas, prewashed and prestrung and full of crunch and freshness opened just enough to grab one or two. The sugar snap peas are a perfect snack after waaay too much holiday food -- and a sweet reminder of my grandmother. Many thanks to my dear friend Linda for the tip and my first bag of sugar snap peas!

FRIDGE vs FRIG My sister says I drive her crazy calling a reFRIGerator a frig. Sorry, 80K!

JANUARY FORECAST Who's sick of food? Me, that's who but are you, too? I'll be back, soon, with easy recipes for vegetables, the ones I think we all want need after the holidays. Quick and easy. No extra trips to the store for ingredients. Unadorned. Green. Alive. Ones that will make all the Weight Watchers dieters happy, with any luck, the low-carb dieters too.



VEGETABLE RECIPES for DIETERS from the ARCHIVES

~ more zero point vegetable recipes for Weight Watchers ~
~ the famous Weight Watchers Zero Point Garden Soup, quite delicious ~
~ today my sister is making LeAnne's Veggie Soup which is quite similar ~
~ Weight Watchers recipes from my food column, Kitchen Parade ~

~ more low carb vegetable recipes~

~ one year ago this week Perfect Pan-Fried Broccoli ~


NEVER MISS A RECIPE! For 'home delivery' of new recipes from A Veggie Venture, sign up here. Once you do, new recipes will be delivered, automatically, straight to your e-mail In Box.




Eat more vegetables! A Veggie Venture is the home of Veggie Evangelist Alanna Kellogg and is the award-winning source of free vegetable recipes, quick, easy, and yes, delicious. Start with the Alphabet of Vegetables or dive into all the Weight Watchers vegetable recipes or all the low carb vegetable recipes. © Copyright 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment