Pages

A Scone Tradition

A couple of weeks ago I shared with you my Grandma's White Bread recipe.  As I was making it I remembered an old family tradition of eating hot scones.  YUM!! So I made two loaves of bread and turned the rest of the dough into scones.  My children claimed they had never had scones before.  How sad was that! They LOVED them.  This is a super simple recipe, but my goal is to keep the tradition alive.

Simply Scones
oil, canola or vegetable
Divide your dough into the desired size.
Roll each piece out a bit.
Heat your oil in a pan, medium/high heat. (you may need to adjust it.)
Place dough in the oil.  Cook about a minute on each side or until golden brown.
Drain on a paper towel.
Now the topping choices are endless:
butter, honey, sugar, cinnamon or ect!!
Enjoy they are delicious!!




No comments:

Post a Comment