Pages

Jicama Slaw ♥

Jicama Slaw
A fresh take on coleslaw, substituting wet and crunchy jicama for cabbage. It's a really summery coleslaw, light and bright tasting. Delicious!

~recipe & photo updated and republished 2011~
~more recently updated recipes~

2006: When a guy -- a GUY! -- writes, "I just adore this recipe", it's gotta be good. And let me tell you, Matt Bites is right. I adore this recipe too. (And have you seen his food blog? I adore IT, too!) It's simple. Wet and sweet with jicama. Bright and fresh-tasting. A tad unusual. Low in calories. Low in carbs. It is a perfect make-ahead salad for outdoor picnics. It has no mayonnaise and pairs beautifully with other picnic food like fried chicken, sandwiches, etc.

2011: I'm always pleased -- so pleased! -- when I remake a recipe and find it just as refreshing as its memory. Such was the case with this jicama slaw. It's completely a coleslaw, thanks to the texture, but jicama is a sweet surprise, wetter, brighter, softer than coleslaw. I'll say it again: "I adore this recipe."

WHAT IS JICAMA? I've started a new series of posts, quick introductions to unfamiliar vegetables.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment