Pages

Mom's Light Waffles

A few month ago my Mom made waffles for my nephew.  He stood by her and curiously watched her.  Finally when she asked him if he was ready to eat, he exclaimed, "WOW Grandma, I thought waffles only came from a box!!" So cute!!  It is kind of a tradition my mom has started to make the grandkids waffles for breakfast when they visit her house.  My girls kept on her until she made them and we were all happy she did. She said this is a recipe that my grandma always made. They were light and delicious!! We had no leftovers!!
Mom's Light Waffles
2 eggs (separate the whites and yolks)
2 cups milk
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine 2 egg yolks and rest of the ingredients except; egg whites.
Beat 2 egg whites until they peak.  Fold into the other mixture.
Cook according to your waffle maker directions.
We served them with Buttermilk Syrup. Light and delicious!!
Thanks to my sweet Mom!!






No comments:

Post a Comment