Pages

Teriyaki Sauce

Wow! It feels good to be back!! Last week we experienced a rare snow storm, followed by freezing rain followed by more snow.  It was like a war zone around here, trees toppled over everywhere and we were without power for 4 days and many others are still without power.  I feel extremely blessed! Unfortunately the power outage put a damper on my cooking and I missed it, but did find a great teriyaki sauce recipe! This was delicious!! I used it on chicken but would be great with any meat.
Teriyaki Sauce
adapted from Food.com
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
5 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
2-3 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4 cup water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
*I marinated my chicken in half of the sauce before cooking it.  I then thickened the rest of it.
Pour over cooked chicken or beef.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment