Pages

Sweet Potato Casserole ♥ Recipe

Sweet Potato Casserole
My recipe for the traditional sweet potato casserole topped with miniature marshmallows. It's just a little bit different, however, with the addition of vanilla in the sweet potato mixture and a little bit of ginger in the marshmallow and pecan-panko topping. Delish!

~recipe & photo updated & reposted 2011~
~more recently updated recipes~

2007: Some holidays, you just don't mess with tradition. But still, call me surprised to feature a recipe for a traditional Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top. My taste testers loved this! Good sweet potato flavor really comes through, the texture is soft and pillowy, the sweetness is there but not over the top. But the best part is the topping mixture, mini marshmallows interspersed with crispy bread crumbs spiced with ginger and toasted pecans. If marshmallows are traditional at Thanksgiving, so be it, I'm not messing with tradition!

2011: Whoa. I'd forgotten how good sweet potato casserole can be! This recipe isn't as sweet as many other recipes. Even so, I wouldn't hesitate to serve it for dessert though I'd put on my marketing hat and call it "sweet potato pudding". The topping is delicious and the mixture of marshmallows and pecan-panko crumbs just 'looks' so pretty, which many sweet potato casseroles don't. This is a winner!
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment