Pages

How to Roast a Whole Butternut Squash ♥ You Know, WHOLE

How to Roast a Whole Butternut Squash
Today's vegetable recipe: The easiest way in the world to roast a butternut squash. No knife, no cutting, no lost fingers. Whole. Roast it whole. Really.

So, um, this is awkward. But how did I miss this easy-easy-EASY way to roast a butternut squash? For six years now, I've been writing about easy ways to cook vegetables and somehow, some-crazy-how, I missed this.

Except – I didn't. I actually roasted a whole squash, whole, almost exactly five years ago when making Rutabaga & Butternut Squash Purée. I even remarked upon it. But then, days, weeks, months and even years passed. When I remade the purée last week, there was the recipe. (Ha! As if something this simple can even be called a recipe. Let's call it a "technique".)

So I didn't miss the recipe aka technique, I plain forgot. Blame it being the end of the season and the summer's excitement about green beans, I think it was in 2006, some vegetable anyhow. But now, now, NOW I remember though I'm worried, really, because it's kinda late in the season again. So I'm going to count on you guys, YOU, to remember and try this really soon so none of us, ever, forget, again. (And just so there's no forgetting, here's how to cook a whole spaghetti squash too. And How to Cut, Peel & Cube a Butternut Squash and Keep All Ten Fingers.)

'kay? 'kay.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment