Pages

Cookie Monster Cookies

Many years ago my mom and I made some cookies that included oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips. They were so good. Lately, I had the desire to make them again, only could not find the recipe.  So I created my own (hoping they would turn out all right.). They ended up being really pretty good.  I needed a name and Kayla decided they were the perfect cookie for the Cookie Monster (her first idea was Tasty!!)
Cookie Monster Cookies
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup plain M&M's (optional you can use 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together.  Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla.  Mix for 3 minutes. Add flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's.  Drop by tablespoon onto a lightly greased  cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  Cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes. 
*I accidently used reduced fat peanut butter and it was just fine.
Enjoy!!
~Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment