Pages

Brazilian Chicken Cabbage Salad

This is a recipe that I received by accident and  it was a good accident.  My friend went to send it to some other ladies and accidentally added me to the list.  Which I am happy she did!!  She was all apologetic about it but I consider it a great gift!! (Thanks Amy!!)  You can use what ever amounts of veggies you like.  I discovered I need to learn how to shred cabbage better.  Other than that minor detail it was delicious!! The dressing is AMAZING!!

Brazilian Chicken Cabbage Salad
(serves 4 adults)
1/2 head chopped cabbage
carrots, shredded
1/4-1/2  cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced (original recipe calls for 1/2 cup peas)
1 cooked and shredded chicken breast
(I doubled this for my family.)

Dressing:
(Makes enough for 1 head of cabbage)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup oil
Mix in blender until bubbly.  Store in fridge.  Shake and add a small amount to the chicken and let chicken marinate for at least 2 hours.  Add chicken to salad and toss to mix.  You can add the dressing just before serving or serve it on the side.  This may also be served over warm, cooked rice.
~Tiffanee

No comments:

Post a Comment