Pages

Caramel Popcorn Puffs

Pink Saturday is a little bit different today, in honor of Christmas we were asked to share a favorite holiday recipe this week.  This one is AMAZING!! I don't know why I only think about making it during the Christmas season because it would be great year round.  Maybe it is because I first tasted it when I received it as a gift from a friend.  I was HOOKED at first bite.  When I asked for the recipe she said it was on the bag of the puffs bag.  So for years I made it using that recipe not worrying about writing it down..MISTAKE!! All of a sudden we could no longet get that type of puffs anymore.  So you can imagine my excitement when I found it last year over at Finding Joy in My Kitchen. A huge thank you to SnoWhite for saving me!! I made them to send with my son to the State Cross Country meet.  The coaches later told me they told him if he didn't bring it he would not get to run! 
Caramel Popcorn Puffs
2 bags puff popcorn (I used Jolly Time Buttery Puffs 7 oz. bags)
1 1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 1/2  teaspoon baking soda
 Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook on medium heat until mixture has melted and sugar is dissolved.  Add the baking soda (mixture will foam a bit.)
Empty the bags of puff into a roaster pan or large oven safe bowls.  Pour caramel mix on top and stir to coat.  Bake at 250 degrees for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.  Pour onto waxed paper and allow to cool, then break apart.  
It makes approx. 2 gallons full. 
Enjoy!!
Warning: IT IS ADDICTING!!
Don't forget to enter my Helping Hands Giveaway HERE!
Linked to PINK SATURDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment