Pages

Tried & True: Crescent Chicken Bundles

This is one of my family's all time favorites that I posted early in the life of this blog!! My husband and I argue about where this recipe originated from, but that really doesn't matter, because it is easy and  DELICIOUS!! It so deserves a second  post! 
Crescent Chicken Bundles
original post here

2 cups cooked chicken, diced
2-3 stalks of celery, diced in small pieces
1/2 cup diced olives
2 cans refrigerator crescent rolls
1 small onion, minced
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
Mix all ingredients together. Roll out crescent rolls. Place a small amount of mixture on the large end of the crescent.
Roll up the top and sides around the filling. Continue to roll the dough up. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. 
 Bake  at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Until  lightly browned.
Make a gravy out of the following:

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tsp. chicken bouillon
1 soup can of water
Bring to boil and simmer until gravy like consistency.
Serve gravy over top of the rolls.

*As you can tell I renamed this recipe because I could not figure out how to get the filling to stay in the roll if made into a crescent shape. That is why it is a bundle. I try to wrap the dough around the filling right from the start.

 There are better directions for rolling the dough in the original post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment