Pages

Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Carrots ♥ Recipe

Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Carrots
Today's vegetable recipe: Pretty spring carrots roasted slowly, then drizzled with a caramel glaze flavored with bourbon or another good-tasting liquor.

Thank my sister for this recipe. She's a serious fan of Serious Eats – me too, actually though new posts come fast enough that I miss many. Luckily, my sister's got an eagle eye for more than editing and often forwards some gotta-make-it-NOW recipe from there. Like making pancake syrup out of leftover wine. (Wait. Is there a theme going on here? These carrots, after all, are sweetened with a caramel glaze flavored with bourbon.)

Chances are, these are special-occasion carrots, even if I've "Alanna-sized" the recipe with less fat and less sugar, if only because carrots sold in bunches with their tops on are more expensive albeit ever so pretty. They'd be nice for Easter (aren't carrots somehow perfect for a spring celebration?) but I can also imagine them as a side with steaks on the grill some Saturday, some meal where the meat is lean and the plate needs color and liveliness.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment