Pages

Pizza Pinwheels

My Mom recently gave me a new cookbook, one that was put together by my dad's high school softball team.  It really has some good recipes in it!! I was excited to find this one and add my own twist to it! It was delicious!!

Pizza Pinwheels
pizza dough (1 recipe or 1 can refrigerated dough).
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti or pizza sauce
1 tablespoon butter
garlic salt
Your choice of toppings ( I used pepperoni, Canadian bacon, mushrooms & olives)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray and roll out your dough into a rectangle.  Spread with a small amount of sauce. Add a slight layer of cheese.
Then add your desired toppings.
Fold up the short ends and roll into a tube (cinnamon roll style).
Melt butter and add some garlic salt to taste. Brush over the top of your roll.(or rolls in my case. I doubled the recipe.)
With a knife poke a few small holes in the top (about 4 or 5 about 1/4 inch long each). This will allow the steam to escape and will lessen the chance of your filling breaking through and leaking out.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Dough should be lightly browned.
Let sit for a few minutes.
Slice.  Serve with pizza or spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping.
We also used ranch.
~You could do so many different combinations with this concept.  BBQ Chicken, Chicken Alfredo, oh the list is endless.  YUM:)
Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment