Pages

"Almost" Homemade Refried Beans

The other day I wanted to make my family a home made Mexican meal like you would get at a restaurant.  My plan was enchiladas, Mexican rice and homemade refried beans.  Well I forgot to soak my beans the night before (that recipe will come later), so out of desperation I came up with this recipe and it worked brilliantly!!  Simple, easy and delicious my type of recipe.  Everyone will think you slaved in the kitchen for this tasty side dish.
Almost Homemade Refried Beans
2 (16 oz.) cans refried beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + a little more for garnishing.
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese*
Place everything in the crock pot and stir to combine.  Cook on high for 1-2 hours or when they are hot throughout.  Stir mixture a few times during the cooking.   Top each serving with a little shredded cheese. 
*If desired you can use all cheddar cheese.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment