Pages

Caramel Chocolate Crumb Bars

These bars were easy and so delicious! A good mixture of chocolate and caramel with a hint of butter crust! Oh YUM!! I took most of them to the girls in my YW class.  My son told me they were no good. I shouldn't take them and he would be happy to eat them all for me.  Ha Ha!!  I am glad I did because I would of eaten the whole pan had I got the chance.  He said he should of eaten more while he had the chance.

Caramel Chocolate Crumb Bars
1 1/2 cups flour + 2 Tablespoons dived
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup cold butter
30 caramels
2 Tablespoons milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
In a food processor or by hand combine 1 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, salt and soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Reserve 1 cup of crumbs and press the rest in a greased 9x13 pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes or until set. 
 In a microwave safe bowl, melt the caramels with the milk. Stir after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth.  Stir in the 2 Tablespoons flour and mix until well blended.  Pour over top of crust.
 Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and reserved crumb mixture. 
 Bake 15-20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Cool and then cut into bars!! Enjoy.
Linked to:


No comments:

Post a Comment