Pages

Perfect Pan-Fried Broccoli ♥ Recipe

Perfect Pan-Fried Broccoli
This recipe for cooking broccoli in a skillet comes from Cook's Illustrated. And lest you think that "pan-fried" means frying the broccoli in lots of fat, think again. This recipe uses just a single tablespoon of fat for a whole pound of broccoli! If it were me, I would call the recipe "heat-fried" broccoli because the skillet is brought to a hot-hot-hot temperature.

~recipe & photo updated & republished 2013~
~more recently updated recipes~

ORIGINAL POST Bye bye 2006. Hello 2007. Bye bye Christmas cookies. Hello ... broccoli. But if you too are coming off a sugary, buttery holiday high, this delicious pan-fried broccoli will make the trip back to real-life food really easy. I'm willing to bet it's one we'll all make again and again. I know I will.

I call the recipe "perfect" pan-fried broccoli because it is slightly adapted from the "test til it's perfect" folks at Cook's Illustrated. I keep old issues nearby because they're packed with recipes and tips that build technique and confidence. I really do recommend a subscription, for both new and experienced cooks.
Keep Reading ->>>

No comments:

Post a Comment